giovedì, novembre 1

Gae Aulenti : Our archistar

Gae Aulenti with some of her main projects
I was very sad to hear about Gae Aulenti's death. To me, her name is related to my memories of one of my numerous trips to Paris. Many years back ( we are talking about the '80s, soon after the museum's project was finished) I visited le Musée d'Orsay and I remained literally flawless in front of the beauty of this place.From that time on I have bound her name to it.Everytime I think about Paris, one of the first thoughts is for le Musée d'Orsay. So much she was able to imprint her style. The same we can say about the BAT LAMP, still produced by Martinelli Luce.Today Art & Design have lost an archistar and we should be very grateful that she is truly italian.
Gae Aulenti and her Bat Lamp ( 1965)
Mi è molto spiaciuto apprendere della morte di Gae Aulenti. Per me il suo nome è legato ai ricordi di uno dei miei numerosi viaggi a Parigi. Molti anni fa ( stiamo parlando degli anni '80 subito dopo l'apertura del Museo) visitai il Musée d'Orsay e rimasi letteralmente senza parole in un posto così bello. Da allora il nome di Gae Aulenti significa per me Musée d'Orsay. Ogni volta che penso a Parigi, il pensiero va senz'altro a questo museo.Talmente tanto è riuscita ad imprimere il suo stile in un luogo.Lo stesso si può dire della LAMPADA PIPISTRELLO ancora proposta da MARTINELLI LUCE. Oggi l'Arte e il Design hanno perso un'archistar che senza dubbio ha dato un lustro alla nostra italianità.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento